Is Honda disappointing Indians?

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Honda disappointing Indians?

Honda is a brand which has huge fan following. Before the CBR150R and CBR250R came to India, the CBR brand name was highly appreciated because it meant real performance. Has Honda diluted its brand? Is it disappointing us by not giving anything substantial. Look at the recent launches - Neo, Activa-i, Trigger, nothing new but the same old bikes with minor changes! Will they win market share like this? I don't think so.

What do you expect from Honda? What should they be really doing?

I think yes they diluted the brand and didn't launch some exciting or all new products in last few months.

As they are targeting numero uno position by 2016 and I dont think they will succeed like this. They should have analyse Bajaj and Hero's future plans and launch product accordingly instead of throwing updated versions of their current bikes.

IMO Honda bikes does not have quality like they had earlier, do check quality of Neo and Activa i.

Comment

Actually, there products have remained the same. It's the competitors that have come with better products making the Honda look diluted.

Comment

I dont think so looking at price of CBR 150/250 they are not value for money and quality is not upto the mark for the money one spends on these bikes. Look at Yamaha R15 & KTM Duke 200/390 price Honda's bikes are priced wrongly and doesnt offer any exceptional performance or features.

Comment

Not really, look at Honda's latest products. No innovation, they are simply trying to take advantage of the Honda brand name.

Comment

The CBR series is over priced while the budget category launches looked too old to be called new. To me their product line is as boring as their bike's ride.

I feel Energy in Bajaj, KTM, Yamaha & RE. Hero also acting as Honda while Suzuki stuck with something and hasn't shown anything in 200-250 cc segment. They are spending 50 crore on advertisements starting tomorrow with zero new product launches, I feel they should now rather look for a new (young) celebrity.

Comment

Suzuki is planning to bring the Inazuma this festive season but reports suggest the bike is not that attractive compared to more established rivals.

Comment

Honda is just taking advantage of their brand name legacy in India. I admit, they offer very good bikes but that doesn't mean they shouldn't launch a completely new product once in while.

Comment

Actually Honda is following what Hero has done for years. Only thing they don't understand is, that was a different time. Buyers today are much smarter and highly aware of what they are purchasing. Not many pay much heed to sticker jobs as that adds little value.

Comment

Originally posted by Punter View Post
                    IMO Honda bikes does not have quality like they had earlier
                    Truly said. Even whenever i go to bikers adda here at least one guy would be there whose CBR would be in the service centre...

Comment

LOL neoestrin. Indian market is changing. As Faisal said, Customers think about their purchases thoroughly now. VFM is a very considered factor nowadays. Soon the motor companies realize it the better.

Comment

The sad part is, the CBR250R is a splendid bike but the pricing and quality really doesn't meet most people's requirements. Honda needs to be brave enough to give enthusiasts value and stop looting them on the name of "BRAND VALUE".

Comment

Honda is a absolute disappointment because they were responsible for bringing scooters back and they bought shit in the first place and 11 year later that continues, the suspension is what people call "ulhasnagar suspension" if Bajaj made their scooter till now it would have telescopic suspension for sure Bajaj moves with times which shows in their new Pulsar 135 and 200 NS (there are dynamically crackling good to ride) Look at the the Scooty it has the most slimmest telescopic suspension but it DOES HAVE IT!!

Yamaha went full Banana and set benchmark at first launch, cant wait for more powerful scooters though! we have two scooters in family and i like scooters they are "easy performance" if you ask me! A swish and a first gen Activa is what we have and would be happy to replace the Activa with the a new Yamaha !

Quality is just not upto the mark, the scooter exhaust pipe rusts so badly despite regular service and wash you will see most first gen activa with a new exhaust or a broken one i have managed to keep it better but the signs which it shows i dont think its gona last life long!

Quality has gone down the drain when you see what price you are paying! its just a bit above average.. that's the truth!

and lets not forget the Skoda of two wheeler is Honda when it comes to servicing.. looting customers by replacing engine parts and opening engines for no reasons and not solving what the customer even reports, they cant even wash bikes properly for heaven sakes!

Comment

Styling. Honda please work on styling your products. Honda you are the biggest manufacturer of bikes in the world, You should definitely know that it costs the same money to manufacture a good looking bike and a plane jane or adud looking bike.

Comment

Actually Honda is one company in the 2-wheeler space which not only needs to work on styling but on each and everything too. Neither are their products good looking, nor do they have the quality for which they were once known for. If that is not enough, further disappointing at Honda camp is the lack of technology. Yes, Honda is the tech but stuff like HET is a complete joke. They can't even offer telescopic forks on their regular scooters, what are they doing? Sleeping? or simply fleecing Indian customers who swear by the Honda brand.

Comment

Working...
                              X