What would you buy if you were in the Luxury car market.

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you buy if you were in the Luxury car market.

If you were in the market for a Luxury car would you buy a fully loaded car from VW, Skoda, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai
    or base models of Luxury brands such BMW, Merc, Volvo, Audi since they end costing the roundabout same money
    Luxury Brand top model
    28.57%
    Volvo, BMW, Merc, Audi base model
    71.43%

I would love to drive a Jag XF , BMW 5 series ,Audi Q7 etc.

Comment

A really nice thread here Mohit. And to be honest I can't decide what to do. One mind says premium pricing just for a brand name ain't worth it and other mind says Image is everything. Kudos to your thinking brother.

Comment

I feel a luxury car like the one from Toyota, Skoda will be my choice. Thus I would pick the bland Toyota Land Cruiser over the Range Rover, after all Toyota means reliability and cheaper maintenance which you can't get with German brands.

Comment

I prefer base model of luxury brands which are equipped basic required features with good brand value. My choice would Volvo S60, my dream car.

Comment

i would go for base models of luxary brands as even there base models are quite loaded and the brand value is the added bonus

Comment

I wish you get it soon brother. Take me with you whem you do. . I have kind of a soft spot for V40 Cross Country.

Comment

i think V40 cross country is a bit overpriced keeping in mind the new S60 starts at 29.9 laks now but i would be in the premium hatchback(or wonnabe SUV) market then my pick would be the V40 too

Comment

Yeah man. Volvo is really taking a big hit here because of our CBU policies.

Comment

A bit overpriced? It's way too overpriced. How can you price a value for money brand more than premium brands like BMW and Mercedes?

Comment

It's more about the excess duty one has to pay rather than actual price of the car. And then again everybody runs a business here, so they have to take some profit outta their business even it means higher purchase and maintenance cost. . Volvo need to go CKD big time. If they do that. It will be a 'Friday the 13th' for Germans.
                      Last edited by Punter; 24-10-13, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Yes thats true guys. Volvo should go CKD and then if possible localization of their products.

Their products are anytime better than competition but it takes hit because of CBU pricing.

Most of the premium brands started local manufacturing and gained volume hike (because of lower pricing).

Comment

And it would not be a big gamble because I think volvo can establish here strongly. They should really consider investing in here. Please start arouns pune. We will get to see morw of Volvo's then. ;)

Comment

i think VOLVO has enough awareness and is famous for it's car being the safest cars around and they have also soughted out there designing now too what they really have to do is start CKDs now

Comment

Volvo is the trusted brand among family people because of the safety it provides. Same goes with the crysler grand voyager. Its one of the safest estates out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X