How will the market change once diesel is deregulated?

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the market change once diesel is deregulated?

The Government is set to deregulate the price of diesel in the next 10 months. This means that diesel will be dearer by Rs 10 (approx) which will come to Rs 73 for a liter in Mumbai. Inflation and rise in prices of commodities aside, will it still make sense to buy diesel car over its petrol counterpart? Will the Indian automotive market see a shift towards petrol cars again?

with the prices of CNG also going up, we will see more change towards the diesel as buying and owning a diesel car makes more sense as the running cost of diesel would be lower and the increase in power and engine life as against CNG

Comment

I think people who drive really a lot will still opt for diesel. You can get 15+ on a diesel car even with pedal to the floor driving but with similar driving, you will get single digit figures in petrol cars.

Comment

and CNG is not available everywhere whereas diesel is available even where petrol is not available

Comment

Yes indeed sidd. Even a CNG station of MNGL(Maharshtra Natural Gas Corporation in my region also is always crowded because of this. . There are not just enough people. And Commercial drivers like autorikshaw drivers( i know they sometimes drive pathetic but still. ) are treated badly which I dont like. I dont know what our Gment is trying to achieve. But it's not worth the hike.

Comment

I guess Government wants to reduce usage of CNG by private owners.

Comment

but if they will increase the price of CNG it will lead to increase in prices of all the basic commodities and don't forget the transportation as now all commercial vehicles are forced to run on CNG only

Comment

It's time to call some Electric Imports now .

Maybe Tesla ( Specially Model S )

Comment

Model S is just awesome. Especially the horizontal HU me likey. Guys as we have most Gment buses running on CNG (under JNNurm). Fairs will be increased.

Comment

in delhi every light commercial vehicle is not mandatory to run on cng and all the city transport service runs on CNG so everything will be effected, i think they should introduce a two tier approach that is different pricing for the private and commercial vehicles so that the prices of basic commodities can remain under check

Comment

For India, we need diesel hybrids as diesel cars are more frugal and offer a longer driving range per tank.

Comment

i think tata introduced a hybrid bus during CWG, what happened to them?

Comment

Do you know how many concepts Tata Motors showcases every now and then, a million and none go into production.

Comment

It takes a lot of effort to turn a concept into reality.

Comment

and takes millions to make a one-off concept too.

Comment

Working...
                              X